Friday, December 3, 2010

99 Peso Steaks at Slice N Dice

After working out at the gym, I went to the National Shrine of St. Jude to attend their every Thursday mass and novena. I usually go there at around 8 pm where there are few devotes but I finished early in the gym so being there at 6pm wasn’t typical of me. I was surprised by the number of devotes, maybe because of the nearing board exams of nurses seeing lots of them wearing their shirts of their review centers.

After the mass and novena, it was time for dinner so finding a place to eat near Mendiola would be hard because many devotes would also eat afterwards. I decided then to eat at this newly opened fast food chain that’s not far away from there that served steaks for only around P99 so I asked my sister to meet-up with me at that place.

                                                    SLICE N DICE
 This would be actually our second time eating here at Slice n Dice. Their menu is mostly steaks that are cheap that begins at P99.
Our number while waiting for our food with the sauces.
Other people dining and enjoying each others company.
                                                     T-Bone Steak P99
I ordered first the T-Bone Steak at P99, mind you that its only the steak and rice is not included. A cup of rice here is around P21, pricey for a fastfood chain if you ask me. The steak sauce is plain gravy, but that’s what you get for its cheap price. The steak is thin but not bad considering it inexpensive but if you guys are looking for real delicious steaks then this place would not be your forte.
                                              Cheezy Garlic Mussels P65
Ah the Cheezy Garlic Mussels, a must order dish if going to this place. The ala carte is P65 and if you can’t have enough there’s for 2 persons for P129. The Mussels are served in a sizzling plate in butter. The melted cheese on the mussels was very good, but kind of inconsistent cause there was more garlic and cheese last time we went ate there, nonetheless you guys wouldn’t be disappointed in ordering this.
                                                  Sirloin Steak Rice P45
I ordered the sirloin steak rice instead of a plain cup of rice. It cost about P45 and looks like about 1 ½ cup rice fried with sirloin steak bits with gravy on the side. The rice was good and it did taste like steak rice. There are also other types of rice like the chicken steak rice.    

                                                    Garlic Steak P104
My sister ordered the garlic steak for P104. It has no difference with my T-bone steak, it has gravy for it sauce and the only difference is the garlic bits on top of the steak. So I’m guessing that it would taste the same as my steak without the garlic bits. Now for the disappointment, her steak wasn’t well cooked and she was kind of mad so she didn’t enjoy her meal. She would have asked it for to be well done but she was sick so she just let it be.
                                                    Root beer Float P35
The Root beer float was P35 pesos. It’s just Root beer soda with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s really good but I’d rather have the Float at Mc Donald’s which is only P25.

Final Thoughts
If you guys are tired of eating burgers and fries at fast food chains, then why don’t try eating steaks here instead for a change, just don’t expect too much that this steaks would taste like high priced imported steaks. They have many dishes also in their menu like garlic pork tendorloin, kangkong stir fry, steak salpico and many more. My only complaint was the place for it was small and there were only 10 tables if I’m not mistaken. Enjoy Dining!

No comments:

Post a Comment